Guwahati, September 9 (NKTV): The cabinet meeting under the chairmanship of Assam Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma concluded with some key decisions including the one on the Majuli-Jorhat connecting bridge. All key decisions of today’s cabinet meeting are stated below:
- Additional Chief Secretary of Assam Maninder Singh has been given the responsibility to investigate the Majuli incident. The report has to be submitted within one month.
- The Government of Assam has aimed to complete the construction of the Majuli-Jorhat bridge within a period of four years. Finance Minister Ajanta Neog has been given the responsibility to monitor the progress of the same.
- Police verification shall no longer be necessary for government job. Submission of affidavit by the candidate shall be enough.
- Registration in employment exchange shall no longer be necessary. One may apply online using his/her Aadhaar card.
- 4 per cent reservation has been allotted for specially abled students in educational istitutes.
- Two missions to be implemented in the agriculture sector.
- The CM advised to go for intense vaccination drives across the state.